Project: BSA

We recently did a quick one nighter session over at member Valerie’s garage MotorGrrl, on my 1968 BSA Lightning. The fork seals were leaking badly and it should have been a quick swap, but as with many old bikes and mine in particular, nothing is ever what it seems. I already knew that my ’68 Lightning hasContinue reading “Project: BSA”

Project CB350G

Sunday found us plugging away on the CB project. by the end of the day, cover pieces were shinier, and the top end is set, timed and ready to go! Congrats to Suzanne and Tony (who stopped by with their pup) on their recent engagement. Glad we got to hang out and give you bothContinue reading “Project CB350G”

Project Dirtbike

This Monday night’s addition of Project Dirtbike (the engine rebuild of my 1971 Yamaha At1 125), over at MotorGrrl, focused on Bearings. We determined they needed to be replaced as they felt ‘gritty’ when turned. Once extracted, we we pleased we decided to replace them as there was a good amount of dirt between the caseContinue reading “Project Dirtbike”

Project CB530G

Stephanie’s 1973 Honda CB350G alternator cover came to Moto Monday night at MotorGrrl this week with 2 badly hardened steel  stripped screws. It took all night, but  we ground the heads off to pull the oil bypass valve and retain the cosmetic appearance of the cover.   Success! Corinna Mantlo & Valerie Figarella, MotorGrrl