Project CB350G

What an exciting week over at Project CB350G. The engine is completely buttoned up, points set, and into the frame she went! As a few folks have mentioned, these engines are a tricky fit, but Stephanie and the team got it wrangled in perfectly, while preserving the freshly painted frame. Such a sense of accomplishmentContinue reading “Project CB350G”

Project Dirtbike

Moto Monday winter project nights are going strong over at the MotorGrrl garage. Here’s an update on the 1971 Yamaha At1 125 engine rebuild project. This week we put the transmission together, installed the crank, tested the gears and shift pattern, applied Yama-bond to the case edges and pressed them closed. Be sure to thoroughlyContinue reading “Project Dirtbike”

Project CB350G

Sunday found us plugging away on the CB project. by the end of the day, cover pieces were shinier, and the top end is set, timed and ready to go! Congrats to Suzanne and Tony (who stopped by with their pup) on their recent engagement. Glad we got to hang out and give you bothContinue reading “Project CB350G”

Project Dirtbike

This Monday night’s addition of Project Dirtbike (the engine rebuild of my 1971 Yamaha At1 125), over at MotorGrrl, focused on Bearings. We determined they needed to be replaced as they felt ‘gritty’ when turned. Once extracted, we we pleased we decided to replace them as there was a good amount of dirt between the caseContinue reading “Project Dirtbike”

Project CB530G

Stephanie’s 1973 Honda CB350G alternator cover came to Moto Monday night at MotorGrrl this week with 2 badly hardened steel  stripped screws. It took all night, but  we ground the heads off to pull the oil bypass valve and retain the cosmetic appearance of the cover.   Success! Corinna Mantlo & Valerie Figarella, MotorGrrl  

Project Dirtbike

Monday nights this winter are all about my little dirtbike rebuild over at the MotorGrrl garage. Miss-Fires member and MotorGrrl owner Valerie is a fantastic host with beers on ice and music cranked. And leave it to the Miss-Fires ladies to always arrive with baked goods…mmmmm. I’ve had my 1971 Yamaha At1 125 for aContinue reading “Project Dirtbike”

Project Dirtbike

When it comes to vintage bike projects, it seems like you’re always waiting on something. It’s not until the cases were cracked that we were able to determine what needed replacing for the complete rebuild of the little 1971 Yamaha At1 125 engine. overall, everything was pretty clean, but the decision was made to goContinue reading “Project Dirtbike”

Project CB350G

Stephanie’s 1973 Honda CB350 complete rebuild project. This bike came to her in boxes and is currently a roller. The goal is to have it finished by Spring! forming a plan. She left off with the engine mostly put back together. Today’s goal was top end, rocker boxes, Cam, etc. Using Kim’s CB350 as illustration…Continue reading “Project CB350G”

Project Dirtbike

  Corinna’s 1971 Yamaha At1 125 had filled itself full of a lovely mixture of fluids…today’s goal was to crack the cases and clean it out.   while we’re in there, everything got a good cleaning and once over to determine what parts needed replacing.We always find a bit of time for beer and gabbing…Continue reading “Project Dirtbike”